Clinical Psychologist, PSY31641
“God never said that the journey would be easy, but He did say that the arrival would be worthwhile” – Max Lucado
Dr. Leevers is a bilingual (English/Spanish) licensed clinical psychologist who is sensitive, warm, and caring. She provides a therapy and testing environment that is safe, accepting, and understanding. Her style is collaborative, direct, and empathic. Together with her clients, Dr. Leevers makes sure there is agreement about the specific goals for therapy, offers an explanation for the issues, and develops a personalized treatment plan. Dr. Leevers provides interventions that are effective and based upon the most advanced and current research. She is attentive and frequently monitors progress towards therapy goals and will make appropriate adjustments to the treatment plan when needed. Her goal is to help her clients improve their lives and achieve psychological wellness. She utilizes her expertise and warmth to build hope, personal power, and the ability to overcome emotional health issues, whether big or small.
Dr. Leevers provides psychotherapy to children/adolescents and helps them to heal from:
- Emotional challenges (e.g., anxiety, depression, fears, traumatic experiences, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)
- Behavioral difficulties (e.g., defiance, temper tantrums, anger/aggressiveness)
- Skill deficits (e.g., social skills, coping skills, emotion regulation)
- Life stressors (e.g., parental divorce/separation, sibling issues, death of loved one, bullying, moving, academic problems)
- Interpersonal relationship problems (e.g., family conflicts, friendship issues, cultural differences, poor communication).
Dr. Leevers also offers psychotherapy to young adults, adults, and seniors who may be dealing with emotional challenges, traumatic experiences, relationship problems, new life roles, and/or other various life stressors.
As an accredited provider of the Positive Parenting Program (Triple P) [Level 4-Standard], Dr. Leevers delivers an intensive parenting support intervention individually to parents with children (aged birth – 12 years). Standard Triple P is a research designed 10-session intervention suitable for parents with concerns about their child’s behavior. The program has been found successful in reducing negative behaviors in children struggling with aggression, fighting, not sharing, interrupting, temper tantrums, whining, and more.
Psychological Assessment Services
Dr. Leevers conducts in-depth psychological and educational assessments. The results provide information regarding specific skills and abilities, emotional and behavioral functioning, and intellectual achievement. Moreover, the results offer insights into how a person uses their cognitive abilities, solves problems, remembers information, uses and understands language, and processes visual and oral information. Dr. Leevers specializes in assessing ADHD, autism, language disorders, learning disabilities, social and behavioral issues, intellectual and developmental disorders, and/or psychological disorders in children, adolescents, and young adults.
Dr. Leevers obtained her bachelor’s degree in psychology with a concentration in developmental disabilities from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). She received her master’s degree in clinical psychology from California State University, Northridge (CSUN), and earned her doctorate degree in clinical psychology from Pepperdine University.
Trainings & Certifications
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP)
- Gottman Seven Principles Leader
- Gottman Bringing Baby Home Program Educator
- Positive Parenting Program (Triple P) [Level 4-Standard]
- Accredited Provider Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) [PCIT International] Certified Therapist
Dr. Leevers can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (951) 231-1667 Ext. 3, or through our contact form.